Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Experience of Real College Lecture

Last week, I was asked by my EASL 350's teacher to see some academic lectures and experience the real college atmosphere. I went to a microeconomic one. The lecture was great; I loved it! Although the knowledge used in the lecture is very academic, the instructor made it easy to understand. A lot of normal things happened in our daily life were used as examples by the instructor to explain how the rule works. That was very interesting to me and I have learned quite a lot about the price. I can do some easy analyzing work of the price by myself. As the lecture was talking about some rules in economic, I don't think I can say "No" to these truths. One thing I'm sure is that this kind of rules are from the real economic life, and can be test and verify by using some economic events. That was what the instructor did. I love his way of teaching, telling students some things and giving them examples. At beginning, the teacher told us examples and analyzed how it works. Later, students could say some examples by themselves and discuss them with the teacher. As an EASL student, it was really difficult for me to following their discussion. When the instructor was presenting, it was OK. However, when he gave us examples and discussed it with students, I could not catch them. I could just know what they were talking about. I don't think I am ready for this actual course. I need more practice. There are huge numbers of academic words I should prepare. I need to work harder.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it was a great experience! I hope I can have a regular course experience, too.

    ReplyDelete